[Marble-devel] Anyone able to build Marble QT Widget on Mac OS X 10.6 with QT 4.7.4

stefan at binaervarianz.de stefan at binaervarianz.de
Fri Sep 23 08:26:38 UTC 2011

I'm away from my machine again, but got an idea searching through the
CMakeList.txt files on the webgit repository.

The QT libraries are for "Mac OS X 10.6 or later 64-bit:" as it said on
their website.

Now cmake sets the architecture to

SET( CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES i386 )

could it be that it needs to say

SET( CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES x86_64 )

Does anyone know enough about cmake and maybe QT to comment on this?
Until now I hoped that cmake/make would be smart enough to accept i386 on
an Intel Mac.
But maybe it's the QT libs which specifically need the 64bit definition.
(QT examples from QT designer build fine by the way.)

Need to test this as soon as possible ...

Best regards,

Chaos