[Marble-devel] Alternative source for cloud layer

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sat Sep 17 13:11:11 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

According to this announcement

http://xplanet.sourceforge.net/FUDforum2/index.php?t=msg&th=581&start=0&S=0d4c67470721658f5fccd352ebb61893

Hari from the XPlanet project has stopped distributing his 4096x2048 pixel
cloud layer that was updated every three hours (and was used by Marble for its
cloud layer).

He is providing a more coarse cloud layer image daily for free now.
As a temporary solution I've adjusted our script to use that instead.

Does anybody know an alternative source for the cloud layer that we could use?
Of course the TOS / licensing needs to be in line with Marble's policies ...

BR and have a nice weekend,