[Marble-devel] SRTM Tiles

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Tue Sep 13 16:40:20 UTC 2011

Some comment about the compilations of SRTM data:

The first version of Marble's Atlas view just used ETOPO2 as a dataset.

The current version is using some compilation of SRTM30 data and ETOPO2.

Ideally a future compilation of (Niko's uploaded) SRTM data would use

http://www.shadedrelief.com/cleantopo2/

Which has some artefacts in the original ETOPO2 data cleaned up.

If there is somebody here on this list who knows a better source for global
elevation data please speak up!

BR,
Torsten