[Marble-devel] Gps tracking

Konrad Enzensberger e.konrad at mpegcode.com
Fri Sep 2 13:14:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

some questions about Gps tracking and the Routing Guidance mode.

For simulation of GpsTracking and Routing Guidance mode first i am
creating a route and export this.

Next i wrote a GpsSimulation plugin.
This plugin simply loads the GeoDataLineString from route tag of previously
exported route.kml file .
A QTimer updates the Gps positon accordingly to the loaded GeoDataLineString.

Using marble app, i am able to select my "GpsSimulation" plugin from CurrentLocationWidget.

All works fine, i can see the PositionMarker stepping forward thru my route.
But the Gps track is not drawn.
I checked the "Show track" checkbox , but no track is visible.
If i select "Disabled" from PositionTracking listbox and switch back to "GpsSimulation" ,
the old Gps track appears, the track is visible from start point to last position (last position means, the position when i stopped Position Tracking).

I would like to see the track from start point to current location, updated each time the current loaction is changed.
Is this possible? do i miss something?

Routing Guidance mode:
All works fine using my GpsSimulation plugin.
One question :
Is there a way to rotate the map to allways drive in north direction ? like navigation devices do?

thanks for support,
konrad