[Marble-devel] Painting interactive geometric objects onto map

Tom Grope tom.grope at st.ovgu.de
Sat Oct 1 15:38:48 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I'v got a "special" Problem in painting interactive geometric objects
(Ellipses/Retangles) onto the marble map.

My task is to draw cluster (ellipses, differ in color, size,...) onto
the map which i can interact (click, hover,...) with. Right now i only
draw simple ellipses via Marble::Geopainter onto the map, but the
Problem is, there seems no possibility to interact with these
geometric instances.

I wrote a class that represents and stores my clusters and now i am
looking for a solution of my draw/interact-problem and i hope you can
help me or give me an advice. :-)

I looked at the CollidingMice-Example
(http://doc.qt.nokia.com/stable/graphicsview-collidingmice.html#mouse-class-definition) from Qt and they work there with an QGarphicsItem. Is it possible to draw an inherated instance of QGarphicsItem onto the
marblemap?

I also got the advice to look at GeoLineStringGraphicsItem, but is the
GeoLineStringGraphicsItem not only a container? o_O

I hope i did not confused anybody with my problem and i'm glad for any advice.

So long

Tom