[Marble-devel] Re: kdeplasma-addons Marble wallpaper does not build

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue May 17 19:55:46 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 17 May 2011 19:17:01 you wrote:
> HI,
>
> > I have an error in kdeplasma-addons
> >
> > kdeplasma-addons/wallpapers/marble/marble.cpp:116:16: error: ‘class
> > Marble::MarbleMap’ has no member named ‘zoomView’
>
> I have removed the zoom API from MarbleMap in order to properly solve bug
> 199259 (blurry maps). The goal was to have exactly one "official" way in
> MarbleMap to set the size of the globe instead of having lots of competing
> ways (we had about four!). Since the radius yields the most precise
> results,
> it is now the only way to set the size of the globe.
>
> The good news is that you basically have two options right now:
> 1) Reimplement zooming by either copying the code from Marble or inventing
> your own zoom concept.
> 2) Use the radius, which allows to stick to the preferred radius of the
> map, yielding sharp results.
>
> Which option would you like to take?
>
> Greetings,
> Bernhard
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Anne-Marie

I am not the Marble wallpaper plugin maintainer at all, only someone who
builds it (I guess not many devels build kdeplasma-addons with Marble support
or you would already have complains). So no option for me, I don't care as
long as it still builds. It's your call anyway.
If this wallpaper plugin is not maintained it should be removed. If it is
maintained, it should be fixed and each time you change something in Marble
that might affect it, you should also change it or at least use
http://lxr.kde.org to look what code also is affected and tell the maintainers.

Please find a way to fix this, thanks.

Anne-Marie