[Marble-devel] Re: Try to merge marble map in another project

Bernhard Beschow bbeschow at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 29 15:01:57 CEST 2011

Am Samstag, 26. März 2011, 12:36:04 schrieb shushank.sharma at zerosystems.in:
> Thanks Torsten & every one for your reply & help...
>
> i configured my ecllipse for marble & wxWidgets & work fine...
>
> and now i start studying marble API and source code and want
> to implement some functionalities in marble are:-
>
> 1: Fetch tiles from local server(localhost) not from web.

You want to create a new map theme here. The easiest way to do this is to use the new map creation wizard, for which you'd have to compile Marble from trunk, though. Once you have your new theme, set it as the mapThemeId like shown in the MarbleTutorial [1].

> 2: place thumbpin image on map at a particular coordinate.
> 3: draw geocities (transparent circle) on map of a particular radius on a
>  coordinate which cover region.
> 4: show text on map like temperature is shown.
> 5: show tooltip over the map.
> etc...

Probably the best way to get started is to look at existing plugins, such as the Wikipedia plugin (src/plugins/render/wikipedia/). Perhaps you want to contact us in the #marble channel on freenode if you have more detailed questions. Still, I'm a bit in doubt that the marble library is compatible with wxWidgets.

Greetings,
Bernhard

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/MarbleCPlusPlus