[Marble-devel] Re: The voice of Marble

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Mon Jun 20 19:33:03 CEST 2011

Hi Andy,

On 20.06.2011 15:56, Andy Hagon wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am very interested in becoming the new voice of Marble, and I have
> been recording some practice attempts.

that's great! :-)

> For the competition, do you require entrants to upload _all 64 voice
> files_, or just a few commands to give you an idea of how it sounds?
> It doesn't seem all that clear in the webpage instructions as to which
> you need for the competition. Initially I was under the impression
> that only the winner would be required to record all of the files, and
> now I'm not sure.

Yes, please do all 64 recordings. We'd like to publish all contributions
(assuming they meet basic quality requirements) such that Marble users
have alternative speakers to choose from. Especially non-english people
will love to have at least one speaker in their native language.
Furthermore this way the hard work each speaker puts in is not lost.

Looking forward to your contribution :)
Dennis