[Marble-devel] Re: Marble on N900

Georg Georg_Koe at gmx.de
Tue Jan 4 17:50:25 CET 2011

Hi Dennis,
> Hi Georg,
>
> On 03.01.2011 18:32, Georg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>     1. I found a project to get the rds-tmc messages. Is it possible to
>>        integrate that in marble for the N900?
>>
>>        http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2010-November/027861.html
>>        http://labs.kernelconcepts.de/Projects/RDS-TMC/
>>
> Does that need any changes to the running kernel? The website mentions a
> pre-compiled kernel module.
No. The kernel module is already done and in the project included.
> TMC support would be very nice, but I'm afraid the existing projects are
> in their early stages and it may be much work to integrate it properly.
We could get some help from Nils nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de who has
developped the RDS-TMC. He is willing to help us and modify the code for
our needs. Please contact him. I am not involved enough to answer all
his questions.
>> Wouldn't it be nice to change the dialogs for example the
>> routing-dialog (N900) as stackedwindows?
>>
>>    1.
>>

>>        http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-maemo-4.7/maemo5-stackedwindows.html
>>
>>        If its a stackedwindows we do not need the done button and the
>>        route desription is much more readable.
>>
> Yes, good idea. That should also take care of the scrolling problem in
> the current dialog (two scroll areas competing with each other). I'll
> give that a try soon. Patches are welcome of course, currently I'm still
> concentrating on polishing 1.0.

The code for the stackedwindows is included.
>> Is it possible to change the route description format to that in GeePS?
>>
>>     1. http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/source/g/geeps/
>>
>> Best regards
> Looks nice, but I'm not sure if that's doable (in an easy way) with pure
> Qt ListViews. We're also lacking the time information currently in
> Marble, though I plan to add that as well (for 1.1). ORS and Monav
> provide the information, so it's not too hard to implement.
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

Regards

Georg