[Marble-devel] Re: Marble on N900

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Mon Jan 3 21:05:29 CET 2011

Hi Georg,

On 03.01.2011 18:32, Georg wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    1. I found a project to get the rds-tmc messages. Is it possible to
>       integrate that in marble for the N900?
>
>       http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2010-November/027861.html
>       http://labs.kernelconcepts.de/Projects/RDS-TMC/

Does that need any changes to the running kernel? The website mentions a
pre-compiled kernel module.

TMC support would be very nice, but I'm afraid the existing projects are
in their early stages and it may be much work to integrate it properly.

> Wouldn't it be nice to change the dialogs for example the
> routing-dialog (N900) as stackedwindows?
>
>   1.
>

>       http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-maemo-4.7/maemo5-stackedwindows.html
>
>       If its a stackedwindows we do not need the done button and the
>       route desription is much more readable.

Yes, good idea. That should also take care of the scrolling problem in
the current dialog (two scroll areas competing with each other). I'll
give that a try soon. Patches are welcome of course, currently I'm still
concentrating on polishing 1.0.

> Is it possible to change the route description format to that in GeePS?
>
>    1. http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/source/g/geeps/
>
> Best regards

Looks nice, but I'm not sure if that's doable (in an easy way) with pure
Qt ListViews. We're also lacking the time information currently in
Marble, though I plan to add that as well (for 1.1). ORS and Monav
provide the information, so it's not too hard to implement.

Thanks,
Dennis