[Marble-devel] Re: Marble on Nokia N900 - edit Home bookmark

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Sat Feb 5 16:02:47 CET 2011

Hi Max,

nice to hear you like Marble. The address in Flensburg is the default
home location used when it has not been set up. To change the home
location, use the context menu: Click on the point of the map where you
want your home location to be. A menu with five entries will appear,
select "Set Home Location". Note that the menu will only appear if you
don't move the map while clicking on it. This is a bit challenging to
operate at times, so we hope to improve it in the next version.
The context menu also lets you add bookmarks which you can then use as
routing input. Editing bookmarks (rename, delete, change folder) will be
possible in Marble 1.2. See also [1].

About the storage format in the config file: For some reason Qt decides
to go this way on Maemo. The Desktop version writes qreal (double)
values just as expected. It may work to just overwrite it with plain
numbers (e.g. homeLongitude=8.40959930). Doing it in Marble itself is
easier of course.

Regards,
Dennis

[1] http://userbase.kde.org/Marble/Bookmarks