[Marble-devel] Marble on Nokia N900 - edit Home bookmark

Maximilian Gerhard maxbox at directbox.com
Sat Feb 5 04:22:17 CET 2011

Hello,

I tried Marble 1.0 on my N900. It looks pretty good, but there is a one
thing I can't handle. I can't edit the bookmark "Home". If I select it
as my routing start point, Marble shows me the following

"Süderstraße, Ramsharde, Harrislee, Kreis Schleswig-Flensburg
(Landmasse), Schleswig-Flensburg, Schleswig-Holstein, 24995, Deutschland"

Germany is in my case the correct country but the rest is obviously wrong.

I found these lines in the file ~/.config/kde.org/Marble\ Desktop\
Globe.conf

homeLongitude=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87\x41\x16\x66\x66)
homeLatitude=@Variant(\0\0\0\x87\x42[33)
homeZoom=1050

That looks like the right thing to edit, but I don't know the correct
format. How can I convert a decimal geocoordinate to this?

Thanks,
Max