[Marble-devel] Integration of ÖPNV-Karte in Marble

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Sun Dec 4 13:30:08 UTC 2011

Hi Melchior,

(CC to the marble-devel mailing list)

thanks for your work on the public transportation map [1]. I'd like to
integrate it into Marble, a virtual globe and world atlas software that
is part of KDE [2]. Marble is distributed under the terms of the LGPL,
version 2. See [3] for a screenshot how it looks like when displaying
the public transportation map.

I read that the public transportation map is licensed CC-BY-SA 2.0, but
wanted to make sure that this includes the access to your server. If
you're ok with it, are there restrictions on the number of connections
or similar? Marble tries to behave sane by default and limits the number
of simultaneous connections. Additionally we send a custom user agent
string that makes it possible to identify access done by Marble.

Regards,
Dennis

[1] http://öpnvkarte.de/ <http://xn--pnvkarte-m4a.de/>
[2] http://edu.kde.org/marble