[Marble-devel] Exported map image quality

v_2e at ukr.net v_2e at ukr.net
Mon Aug 22 18:14:15 UTC 2011

  Hello!
  Thank you for a quick reply.

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:15:07 +0200
"Torsten Rahn" <tackat at t-online.de> wrote:

> because the code (e.g. in marble/src/QtMainWindow.cpp) read's like
> this:
>
> void MainWindow::exportMapScreenShot()
> {
> [...]
>         bool success = mapPixmap.save( fileName, format );
> [...]
> }
>
> The third (quality) parameter of save is omitted which leads to the
> default quality which is 75%.
>
> Please provide a patch that fixes this issue in a nice way - ideally
> a nice dialog would get shown allowing to set the quality.

  I wish I could. :) Unfortunately, last time I tried to contribute
something to Marble, it turned out that I am a very very poor
programmer. I have never managed to produce even a simple working
plugin for Marble. That is why I'm not trying to write programs for
other people use any more.
  But maybe somebody else is interested in implementing such
functionality?
  May I create a feature-request on the bug-tracker instead of trying
to implement it by myself? Or do you accept only ready patches and not
feature-requests?

  Regards,
    Vladimir

-----