[Marble-devel] Chinese Voice for Marble

Torsten Rahn torsten at kde.org
Sun Aug 14 17:29:02 UTC 2011

Hi Yue Liu,(

On Saturday, 13. August 2011 10:39:10 Yue Liu wrote:
> During Desktop Summit I heard that Marble need Chinese voice. I've
> found a female contributor who would like to do this, and hopefully
> I'll find another friend to do the male voice.

Sounds great :-)

> Anyway the order of concatenated phrases is different in Chinese, how
> does Marble handle this problem? Does it sort concatenated phrases in
> different languages differently?

I fear that currently there is only a fixed order. We had a similar complaint
from the guy who did the finnish version.
Please file a bug report about this issue (bugs.kde.org).
Our finnish voice contributor was able to come up with a phrase that sticked
to the current hardcoded order for the current Marble solution (but of course
doesn't sound right) and IIRC he also recorded an alternative version that
would be the preferred solution once arbitrary phrase orders are implemented.

Best Regards,
Torsten