[Marble-devel] Re: SRTM elevation database in Marble?

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Wed Apr 27 20:31:20 CEST 2011

Bernhard,

> I have once used SRTM data with 90 m resolution in the OpenGL branch [1, 2]. It was provided by NASA but is unfortunately not available any more. It delivered really great results! I have no plans to set up our own SRTM database for Marble, though. Volunteers needed!

Interesting. CGIAR seem to provide access to the database itself:
http://www.cgiar-csi.org/data/elevation/item/45-srtm-90m-digital-elevation-database-v41

http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/SELECTION/inputCoord.asp

> If you want more information, check out the following links:
>
> [1] http://shentey.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/marble-meets-opengl/
> [2] https://github.com/shentok/marble/tree/opengl
> [3] https://github.com/shentok/marble/tree/opengl-ng
>
> The first link provides some demo material, the second link contains the original work shown in the demo. The last link contains the latest port to the master branch. Have fun checking these out!

and what remains as specific open tasks in this regard? in the video,
the feature seemed to be more-or-less working...

Akos