[Marble-devel] marble make install step fails on MS Windows (using mingw)

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Fri Apr 1 18:27:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm compiling project marble on MS Windows, following the procedure as
described here: http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/WindowsCompiling

everything seems to work fine, until the very last step of installation,
where I get:

[ 97%] Built target OpenRouteServicePlugin
[ 98%] Built target RoutinoPlugin
[100%] Built target MonavPlugin
[100%] Built target YoursPlugin
[100%] Built target QNamNetworkPlugin
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Release"
-- Installing: c:/usr/mingw/data/LICENSE.txt
-- Installing: C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindMarb
le.cmake
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:37 (FILE):
  file INSTALL cannot copy file "C:/src/marble/FindMarble.cmake" to
  "C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
  2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindMarble.cmake".

mingw32-make: *** [install] Error 1

I wonder if anyone else has encountered the same issue. I'm using cmake
2.8.4 as downloaded from here:
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html  and Qt 4.7.

best regards,

Akos