[Marble-devel] installing marble dev libs (not the app) for MacOS X?

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Fri Apr 1 18:22:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing libmarblewidget & related include files on
MacOS X using cmake. I'm following the descriptions at
http://edu.kde.org/marble/obtain.php - which work quite fine on Linux.
on Linux, after executing cmake, then make install, I get the whole
development environment installed (e.g. the
$CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/include/marble directory structure, as well as
$CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib/libmarblewidget.so )

after executing the same on a MacOS X box, I see that a single
Marble.app directory is installed in $CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX. this does
contain the libmarblewidget.dylib nested inside, but the include/marble
directory is not installed anywhere.

is there a way to have an easy development install on MacOS X?

of course one can scavenge the files together, but it would be nicer if
the make environment did a proper install..

Akos