[Marble-devel] User Defined Globe in Marble

a.lucas at geolnet.net a.lucas at geolnet.net
Wed Oct 13 20:31:36 CEST 2010

Hi Folks,

I already post this question in the "Sciences" room of kde forums, anyway you
guys are the Marble Guru....

I want to ask/suggest a new feature for Marble. I saw on source tree that
planet.cpp defines some parameters of main planetary bodies of the Solar System
(basically planets, Pluto, the Moon and the Sun). I tried to create my own
data/maps for some Saturn's moon without success. Marble crashed under OS X
(with Qt-Marble), I got in a other hand a strang behavior under Fedora (using
KDE-Marble).

I was wondering if it could be possible to add either all the planetary bodies
(Planets, Moons...) or the possiblity to the user to define in the dgml file
his/her own body parameters (radius and so on). That could be great!

Thank you!