[Marble-devel] New to Marble

Paul Carlisle paulcarlisle at krellworkshops.com
Sun Mar 28 20:38:10 CEST 2010

Hello.

I found Marble a few days ago, and have been reading up on it, as well as
playing with simple test programs that explore it's settings. I have a couple
of questions:

1) Is there a definitive web source for development information, or is this
mailing list the best compendium?

2) How do I change the default unit of measurement? An application we are
thinking of using Marble for requires Imperial measurements, but there doesn't
seem to be a function to set this as there is for angular units.

3) We often have to specify both the latitude and longitude of the point the
map is to be centered on, along with the breadth of the desired view. How
would I set the zoom or distance factors to ensure that the minimum widget
dimension (height or width) will span a given distance in, say, kilometers?

This is a wonderful library, and I am looking forward to replacing our current
map visualization routines with it. Thanks to everyone who has worked to make
this possible.