[Marble-devel] compiling marble on Windows again

Christophe Leske info at multimedial.de
Sat Jun 19 14:55:24 CEST 2010

Am 19.06.2010 13:39, schrieb Sylvain Paré:
> It is because you build it yourself dynamically !
> I gess you used cmake to build marble.
> Cmake searched for qmake. qmake was founded in your Qt directory .
> SO it used those libs to run!
> These libs are accessible from your apps ( it is because to be able to
> build marble with cmake and qmake you had to
> add qt path to your system environment). If you remove this definition
> or these libs then your app will note be able to run.
Well,

shouldn't copying the required DLLs in question next to the app resolve
the issue then?
This does it not for me however, so there seems to be more dependencies.

According to  the dependency Walker tool
(http://www.dependencywalker.com/), my self-compiled application relies on:

QtCore4.dll
QTGui4.dll
Kernel32.dll
MSVCRT.DLL
LIBGCC_S_DW2-1.DLL    (What?)
LIBMARBLEWIDGET.DLL

LIBMARBLEWIDGET.DLL depends itself on
QT4CORE
QT4GUI
QTNETWORK
QTSVG4
QTWEBKIT
QTXML

These are the exact files which are being found in the standard Windows
Marble installation directory when installed from the MSI package
distributed on the KDE website.

However, just copying the QT files from the regular Marble 0.8.0
installation doesn't do the trick. There is an error dialog stating that
the procedure call "_Z17qt_message_output9QtMsgTypePKc" was not found in
the QtCore4.DLL.

Since my copy of marble IS running, there must be a set of compatible
DLLs somewhere on my machine. Wouldn't it be enough to copy these next
to the app?

Cheers,

--
Christophe Leske