[Marble-devel] Windows Installer for 9.0.1

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Wed Jun 16 15:30:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 16 June 2010 14:54:20 Sam Vekemans wrote:
> Hi,
> How far are you away from making a complete windows installer for Marble
> 9.0.1

The latest installer package we created still had a crash on resize/startup.
Would be nice if somebody could investigate it (check with Patrick Spendrin).

> 'Cause the method to compile it on my own, requires me to install 'KDE
> desktop' where it is not clear what applications i need to install,
> that Marble will be part of it.

You can compile Marble as a Qt-Only application. You just need to provide
QTONLY=ON when executing cmake

cmake -DQTONLY=ON ../marble

Do you compile on Windows or on Linux?

> I like how the ibuntu version has the OSM cyclemap as a download
> 'plugin'. (i have heard, i didnt see it myself)

I have no idea what you are talking about in this sentence.

> From what i understand, this software is AWESOME when all the
> available plugins are installed.

They should get installed. If they aren't installed then it's a bug and you
might want to report it.

> If KDE marble is as OpenSource as JOSM, i think it would be great to
> combine the tools.

Marble is Free Software. Just like JOSM.
But it's technically not feasible to "combine" the applications in terms of
source code since one is written in C++ and the other in Java. But you can use
them both in parallel :-) And we plan to introduce an editing mode for Marble at
one point.

Best Regards,
Torsten