[Marble-devel] Marble with OpenStreetMap

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Tue Jun 15 11:58:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 11:46:27 Alexander Hungenberg wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> first: This is a great application! I'm currently integrating the

Thanks!

> MarbleWidget into my own application and I even try to switch back to
> C++ because the Python-binding don't work :-( ;-) it's such a great
> work!

Have you filed a bugreport about the Python bindings?

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 11:46:27 Alexander Hungenberg wrote:
> However, the OpenStreetmap display looks a bit washed-out due to the
> heavy antialiasing - respectively because it's more or less impossible
> to hit the correct zoom levels as the tiles are rendered from
> OpenStreetMap.

There is a property for the dgml which you can specify to achieve this.
Maybe we should have some API for the MarbleWidget as well to "override" what is
there in the dgml already.

> Would it be possible to create a zoom lock there so
> that one only hits the rendered levels and this doesn't look so ugly?
> Another idea would be to even include Mapnik itself into Marble so
> that it renders the data on it's on (although this would be very
> CPU-Intensive).

This approach doesn't fit into the idea what Marble as a library is about.
But we have plans to render OSM files inside Marble. There's an osmannotate
plugin which implements the first steps of this.

Best Regards,

Torsten