[Marble-devel] Marble with OpenStreetMap

Alexander Hungenberg alexander.hungenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 11:46:27 CEST 2010

Hey guys,

first: This is a great application! I'm currently integrating the
MarbleWidget into my own application and I even try to switch back to
C++ because the Python-binding don't work :-( ;-) it's such a great
work!

However, the OpenStreetmap display looks a bit washed-out due to the
heavy antialiasing - respectively because it's more or less impossible
to hit the correct zoom levels as the tiles are rendered from
OpenStreetMap. Would it be possible to create a zoom lock there so
that one only hits the rendered levels and this doesn't look so ugly?
Another idea would be to even include Mapnik itself into Marble so
that it renders the data on it's on (although this would be very
CPU-Intensive).

greetings

Alex