[Marble-devel] Marble 0.9.2 for Windows with APRS Plugin

Wes Hardaker wjhns25 at hardakers.net
Wed Jul 7 00:59:47 CEST 2010

CL> the special unofficial build of Marble 0.9.2 containing the APRS
CL> plugin will be up for grasp at

CL> http://www.multimedial.de/share/KDE/Marble092_MingW.7z

Great!  Thanks very much!  I have friends that will be trying it out.

CL> (compressed with 7z, will be up in about 20 minutes from now on, as I
CL> got a narrow upload line, sorry)

Not a problem; I'll redistribute it from my site if that's ok so you
won't have to worry about the downloads affecting your server.

CL> Just out of curiosity, what is this plugin and what does it do?

APRS is a Ham-radio location beaconing system.  You'll find technical
descriptions of it on wikipedia (or elsewhere).  Here's a screen shot of
the bay-area in California:

  http://www.hardakers.net/temp/shot2.jpeg

This version doesn't show icons, which the plugin will also draw if you
have some available (but we have no copyright-acceptable ones to
distribute with the base at this point).
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/