[Marble-devel] Plugin creattion for Marble

Christophe Leske info at multimedial.de
Thu Jul 1 16:34:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

has anyone on this list more information for me for how to compile
Marble plugins?

I am aware of the test plugin provided in the source code by Torsten
Rahn, yet I am more struggling with the compiling and debugging part.

How isone supposed to compile a self-made plugin?

Using the normal approach as for compiling the whole marble app does not
seem to work. I also see that there is a twitter plugin in the source,
yet it does not get build.

If I try to build it, I get two errors:

    I:\SVN_Transfer\Marble\src\plugins\render\twitter>cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DQ

    TONLY=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

    CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:8 (INCLUDE):

       include called with wrong number of arguments.  Include only takes one

       file.

    CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:12 (marble_add_plugin):

       Unknown CMake command "marble_add_plugin".

    CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:

       No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

         cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

       should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower

       if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more

       information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".

    This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

    I:\SVN_Transfer\Marble\src\plugins\render\twitter>

Anyone?
I would like to be able to compile plugins on an individual basis, as
well as being able to debug them, if possible.
Best would be the use of QtCreator/MingW instead of MSVC in this case,
as it pertains to a project I would like to modify.

TIA,

Christophe Leske
multimedial.de

PROFILE: www.linkedin.com/in/multimedial