[Marble-devel] splitting marble and marblewidget

Fri Jan 29 17:39:21 CET 2010

While attempting to split marble and marblewidget so that the widget could go
into kdesupport I experienced a few issues.

Most issues were related to marblewidget in its current CMakeLists.txt,
installing header files being used by marble application. This i work around by
installing them.

Header files in marblewidget, used by marble in turn include the UIC generated
headers. This breaks the build. I have worked around this by moving the
inclusion into the respective cpp file and  only forward declaring in the
header.

Here is now where i am stuck. There are some UIC generated files of
marblewidget (code inside src/lib) that are being included directly by code in
marble. For example, marble_part.cpp includes ui_MarbleViewSettingsWidget.h.
Does anybody have a suggestion for working around such requirements?

It seems to me that marble application has intimate knowledge about
marblewidget and this bond would need to be broken for a proper split.
Necessary functionality would have to be added to the widget to make it usable
by marble.

Any suggestions?
--
Cheers!