[Marble-devel] Question about creating customized "sparse" maps

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 20:54:27 CET 2010

Hi,

Well, that depends on what you mean by "sparse maps".
If you mean that the data you provide still matches a global tiling scheme
of quad tiles then it's possible: you just need the one or two level 0 tiles
and you can leave out random other tile data from the whole tile
pyramid. (of course you could resample your data to fit that scheme) ... .

However if you mean "sparse maps" in terms of being able to
"randomly" blend images onto the globe then there's currently
no way to easily accomplish this.

Jens-Michael is currently refactoring the TileLoaderin trunk.
I plan to have some "random" "sparse" map support once the TileLoader
is refactored.

Best Regards,

Torsten