[Marble-devel] Question about creating customized "sparse" maps

Jose Gonzalez de0a100 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:59:33 CET 2010

Hello all,

I have a project in which I need to visualize GPS positions in an
aerial image. Since I have experience programming Qt interfaces I
think Marble is a good candidate for that purpose.  I have had a look
on how to create maps (i.e. http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3269),
so I have a basic understanding about how the maps are organized in
tiles and the way they are stored.

Before I start digging into the code I would like to know if marble
widget supports "sparse" maps, I mean, maps that only contain specific
high resolution tiles in localized areas for which we have aerial
images.  Also I would appreciate any tip about how to implement it if
anybody has previous experience.

Thanks
Jose Gonzalez