[Marble-devel] marble i18n problem.

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Fri Aug 27 18:28:12 CEST 2010

Hi jun Yang,

On Friday 27 August 2010 12:26:42 jun yang wrote:
>  i have install marble 0.8 in windows. and also checkout the source and
> compile ok with vs2008.
> marble has i18n code in source.
> but i can't found where to get the ts file for marble.
> will it be some action for the problem?
> i mean a universal way for people to contribute translation.

Our plan is to use the .po files that are generated for the KDE version of
Marble:

http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kde4/po/marble.po/

This includes translations for 51 languages.

I had created a conversion script 2 weeks ago. There's a problem that we are
working on resolving: the .po files are lacking a context property. With a bit of
luck the version 0.10.2 will have translations.

So the proper way for working on translations would bei helping the KDE
translation team.