[Marble-devel] [New User]Impressed by Marble

John Cener cener.john at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:58:56 CEST 2010

Hi Torsten

> I guess Siddharth and Dennis must be blushing by now ;-)
kudos to them again

>> Just a suggestion: How about renaming the "When Required" in centering to
>> 'center intelligently' or anything like that- it really looks cool
>
> Hm, it should be short and concise. You need to think about the fact that
> all UI
> strings get translated. And in languages like french such strings are easily
> 3 times as long. I don't claim that "When Required" is the best pick. But we
> gladly accept better suggestions as long as they fit all requirements. So
> keep on
> brainstorming.

hm, right. i didn't notice it earlier

> Don't hesitate to join us ( http://edu.kde.org/marble/getinvolved.php ).
> There's
> also a Marble Facebook group (
> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=346064806033 ).

Sure. now that I am back from my tour to Asia( South Korea, Japan,
India, Indonesia, China ),  I would be there soon.
Just a note: I have been seeing so many review request these days and
people enthusiastically reviewing them, I must say that it is quite
appreciable. In my org people have to review there code themselves as
even a review request doesn't get a reply for weeks. It really helps
as the person coding or developing the logic can't always takes care
of the naming conventions.
Guys it might seem to be a bit off topic, but I couldn't resist myself
as I have been suffering for so many years to get a team like that
exists here.

Regards
John Cener
Senior IT Consultant