[Marble-devel] [New User]Impressed by Marble

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Wed Aug 4 16:34:56 CEST 2010

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your kind words.  :-)
It's definitely the right place for your feedback.
And your kind words surely keep us motivated.

On Wednesday 04 August 2010 16:10:33 John Cener wrote:
> by Marble especially the routing feature and most of the features
> accompanying it. The offline route download, the choice of routes from
> various servers helps a lot to think of an alternate way-you guys have hit
> an bull's eye with this, the  auto zoom feature is extremely good, I liked
> it's
> consistency ( much better than the google's one--dunno even remember when I
> saw it last ).

I guess Siddharth and Dennis must be blushing by now ;-)

> Just a suggestion: How about renaming the "When Required" in centering to
> 'center intelligently' or anything like that- it really looks cool

Hm, it should be short and concise. You need to think about the fact that all UI
strings get translated. And in languages like french such strings are easily
3 times as long. I don't claim that "When Required" is the best pick. But we
gladly accept better suggestions as long as they fit all requirements. So keep on
brainstorming.

Don't hesitate to join us ( http://edu.kde.org/marble/getinvolved.php ). There's
also a Marble Facebook group (
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=346064806033 ).