[Marble-devel] Routing in marble

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Apr 16 20:05:50 CEST 2010

Hi Dennis,

it seems that there are some small issues
concerning deleting points and moving points around:

- When deleting a point,  the plot is not updated
   (hovering over the "old" labels does update or remove them accordingly).
- When deleting a point, the route is not recomputed
   (I think it should , or it should be visually indicated by
   a dashed line, that the route is not up-to-date anymore).
- The estimated travel time and distance is not updated
   when moving points around (or on deletion).

Then there is a slightly more tricky one,
which took me some to figure out to reproduce:

Imagine a connection A-B-C which geometrically leads
to something like a half-circle.
Now I would like to add an additional point between A and B,
by dragging via the mouse. If this additional point
is placed closer to the connection between B-C
than the one between A-B
one gets (in terms of the old A, B, C): A-B-Newpoint-C.
However, I would have expected A-Newpoint-B-C,
i.e. the new point should be inserted in the list of points
between A and B  and not between the geometrically closest points.
((Side remark: If one thinks of adding a new point somewhere
using a mouse-click, the current approach seems correct,
but not for modifying a segment between two points, at least IMO)).

Best, Arnd