[Marble-devel] Routing in marble

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Apr 14 20:33:04 CEST 2010

Hi,

the new routing functionality in marble is absolutely fantastic!

A few comments/suggestions
a) Currently points can be added/moved also using the middle and right
    mouse button.
    This can lead to accidentally adding/moving points when zooming in/out.
    I think it would be better to just  use the left mouse button for that
    and ignore the other mouse buttons.

b) Both start and destination should be visible from the beginning,
    including the button to select the points via the mouse.
    (Then the "Add destination" could be removed).

c) The button to remove a point might be better positioned next to the
    label: the reason is that usually (at least on small screens) only
    a part of left side bar is visible, so that the
    button to remove a point can only be reached after scrolling.

d) I would prefer that no centering takes after the route
    computation/update (In particular if one makes fine adjustments
    in some part of the route one has to zoom in again).

e) After adding a point, it only becomes visible after moving the map
    (or a redraw of the whole window).

f) A button to save the result as gpx file would be fantastic!

Best,

Arnd