[Marble-devel] QGraphicsView Overlay for marble

Andrew Manson g.real.ate at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:35:37 CET 2009

Hi all,

Just keeping you guys updated on what i'm doing ( and mostly trying to
keep myself updated ;) ) with the Overlay stuff. Also i just wanted to
continue the IRC chat about this, allowing Torsten to get back to work ;)

The whole overlay code would make sense to be put into the Plugin
Structure that exists in marble, so that third parties could come along
and make their own overlay without any hassle. But we have a slight
problem in that we can't really initialise the Overlay code correctly
from within the context of the plugin loader. When i say initialise i
just mean that the MarbleOvelay code needs to be constructed with the
MarbleWidget as its parent, e.g. overlay = new MarbleOverlay(this) where
that code was inside the MarbleWidget.

The plugin loader doesn't really have any reference, or any way to
reference the MarbleWidget so i can't do this with the current
architecture. all i can seem to find with regards to references are
references to the MarbleModel which doesn't really know anything about
the widget.

Any input would be appreciated, but i'll keep looking anyway ;)

-Andrew