[Marble-devel] Fwd: GSoC: Weather Data

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Sat Mar 21 18:38:38 CET 2009

This was supposed to end up on marble-devel, but for whatever reason the big
hairy e-mail-deer didn't manage to deliver it ...

Subject: GSoC: Weather Data
Date: Saturday 21 March 2009
From: "John T. Groszko" <grosjoh1 at iit.edu>
To: rahn at kde.org

Hello,

I'm currently a Graduate Student in Computer Science at Illinois Tech in
Chicago, IL. I've got experience with C++ and Qt, I've used them for a
few school projects and I've also submitted a few patches to Kopete. I
thought it'd be fun to participate in the Summer of Code and get a lot
more experience participating in an open source project, particularly KDE.

The weather data idea interested me because it's pulling a lot of
different data sources together into useful information for the user. It
appears that most of these proposals are in terms of use cases, and I
foresee this feature being useful for not only simple weather forecasts
for traveling, but even getting wind history/forecasts that would be
useful for wind sports like kitesurfing or sailing.

I guess I should work on a proposal in the next week or so. Some help
input would be great!

Thanks,
John Groszko