[Marble-devel] GPS

Andrew Manson g.real.ate at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 23:52:12 CET 2009

I'm just forwarding this onto the list as advised.

Inge Wallin wrote:
>> Once this is done then then you could really do anything with the GPS
>> data, i would think that a reimplementation of a QGrapicsView and
>> QGraphics scene would be quite nice, allowing for very easy Drag and
>> Drop functionality and editing of GPX files. I'm currently working on
>> something similar myself.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here.  These things should probably be
discussed on
> the ML, not here between us. :-)

What i mean by reimplementing a QGraphicsView and QGraphicsScene is that
we could look into  Extending the given Qt framework classes that
usually deal with this sort of stuff giving us a whole load more
functionality without too much fuss. The only real problem to overcome
would be the Subclassing of the QGraphicsView as we would have to
consider the spherical rendering and correct accordingly. Alternativly
the mapping could be done at at the QGraphics Scene level but this would
mean that each QGraphicsItem would have to maintain its coordinates in
both the spherical and the flat ( rectangular ) projections. Either way
the use of the QGraphics Library could be really helpful.

-Andrew Manson

ps. moderators please ignore the repost of this message from mansona
[at] tcd , Thanks