[Marble-devel] Some GraphicsItem API thoughts

Bastian Holst bastianholst at gmx.de
Fri Jul 24 11:26:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'd like to add some parent, child and layout features to MarbleGraphicsItems.
I attached a simple example on how to use this API.

This approach is in some way different to the approach I already discussed with
Torsten, so I write this e-mail to the mailing list to get your opinion.
My approach provides an really fast way to display things on a Screen-/Geo-
Item.
I would suggest LabelItem being a direct child of ScreenGraphicsItem. It
paints simple text on a transparent background. The background is done by a
FrameItem (which is itself a child of ScreenGraphicsItem). This paints a frame
as it is known from the AbstractFloatItems.

The AbstractFloatItems are also children of FrameItems. They can as a result
paint directly on the screen of use layouts too.

If you have problems understanding the approach, I'll send an e-mail with my
current patch in the afternoon (CEST), which has FrameItem and the
AbstractFloatItem based on this implemented.

Bastian