[Marble-devel] status of gpx/kml support?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Jul 11 11:41:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

triggered by a stupid off-line behaviour of some closed source
application, I looked again at the kml capabilities of marble
(using the Qt version from trunk, because somehow I don't
get the menus working in my KDE version, but that's a different story):

I started marble with
   marble --enableFileView

   it on the map. However, I don't see it listed under "File View",
   which, if I remember correctly, used to work in the past.

2) In the "File View", activating/de-activating
   "baseplacemarks", ..., "cityplacemarks"
   does not seem to have any effect
   (i.e. in the Atlas theme, they are always displayed, while
    in the openstreetmap theme, they are never displayed.

   just containing a Placemark
   does not seem to work. Nothing gets displayed;
   there is no error message indicating that something is wrong.

   I think this used to work as well. Is this a regression?

Best, Arnd

# <----- Simple kml file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1">
 <Document>
  <name>Geolocation</name>
  <Placemark>
   <name>IMG_5356.JPG</name>
   <Point>
    <coordinates>13.741525830663,51.051879348816</coordinates>
   </Point>
  </Placemark>
 </Document>
</kml>