[Marble-devel] feature freeze

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Mon Apr 27 14:44:18 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 13:49:29 Andrew Manson wrote:
> I understand that it would be a terrible idea to have a whole load of
> branches for each of the different projects for GSoC but what about just
> having one "Development" branch that will be merged back into the trunk as
> soon KDE 4.3 is tagged? The Branching feature is there to be used, i know
> SVN doesn't make it easy for us but its still there to be used.

Yes, I agree that if we have a development branch then we should rather have a
single one used by several people instead of several branches. Maintaining
several branches with bigger differences and only one developer maintaining it
is usually pretty awful work to remerge (and judging from my personal
experience no matter whether you're using SVN nor GIT ...).

The question is when we want to start this branch. And I'd personally like to
see all changes merged back no later than July 31 (Midterm evaluation and KDE
4.3 release).