[Marble-devel] Python bindings committed

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Fri Oct 24 21:24:11 CEST 2008

Hello,

Torsten Rahn wrote:
> your bindings would be a lot more appealing if you'd provide a description

Around the end of the 4.2 cycle I'll generate some reference
documentation from the header files. BUt beyond that I can't really give
too much of a description or examples for the simple reason that I
myself don't know how to use the marble API.

> a) what one needs to work with them (in terms of packages)

building and installation you mean?  I recently put up a wiki page to
help explain how to get everything installed from svn:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Python_Support

> b) how to use them -- Here some basic instructions would help a lot ... At
> least I was not able to use them with my limited python knowledge ....

The marble bindings are an 1:1 mapping of the C++ API. Once you know how
to use Python and PyQt (signal/slots etc etc) then marble is "just
another library".

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/