[Marble-devel] custom marble map trouble

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Sun Oct 19 20:21:27 CEST 2008

Hi Danuvius,

On Sunday 19 October 2008 19:20:47 Danuvius wrote:
> Greetings,

> I basically managed mostly everything I needed by now... however upon
> my first attempt at importing a 10800 x 5400 pixel map, the results

That sounds about like something that should work ... :-)

> appear corrupted (though the source map [in terms of the location of
> physical features] is basically a 1:1 match of existing marble maps).
> Please see http://spinarette.com/snapshot1.png for a screenshot.

Ew, yes, that looks seriously corrupted. What colour depth and file format did
you use? Would it be possible that you put the source image online somewhere
and post the link either on this list (or send it to me by private mail), so
that we can debug it?

> Is the visual output indicative of some obvious mistake I made
> somewhere along the way?

Well,  I know which class might be involved but that doesn't help very much
yet ...

Best Regards,

Torsten