[Marble-devel] Map Processing Question

Danuvius danuvius at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 06:34:37 CEST 2008

Hi, Torsten!

I think Yanns suggestion more or less point me in the right direction for
creating my map/map-overlay... although I am not feeling like it is going to
be exceedingly easy (for me at least).  I suspect it will take a great deal
of work to take the hugely detailed map Yann recommended and turn it into
something that looks good too.

Your tutorial on making Marble maps is great though!  Once I actually have a
map, I believe I shall try. ;-)  I suspect I will learn all sorts of things
throughout this little cartographic adventure of mine that I may never use
again--but let that be my greatest worry, and I shall surely die a happy
man!

Would you or Yann be able to recommend me a good (and novice-targeted...
nay, total beginner targeted) GIS tutorial?

Sincerely,

Danuvius