[Marble-devel] the World Clock plasmoid

Henry de Valence hdevalence at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 23:46:32 CEST 2008

On Thu October 9 2008 8:14:19 am Torsten Rahn wrote:
> On Thursday 09 October 2008 13:54:21 Henry de Valence wrote:
> > > is your most obvious friend! So I'd suggest that you just go for
> > > KSystemTimeZone.
> >
> > Right now I get the timezones and their locations using
> > KSystemTimeZones::zones() so this is not a problem; my point is that I
> > cannot just include a KML file with the locations of all the timezones
> > since the contents of return of KSystemTimeZones::zones() may vary.
>
> Ok, but once you are able to take the KTimeZone objects from the KTimeZone
> map you'd also be able to determine the name, latitude and longitude (as
> part of the KTimeZone properties) and create a GeoDataPlacemark object that
> could then get passed as specified above.
Yes. This is what I was going to do originally; I was including it for "why I
cannot use a static KML file installed with the plasmoid". Something I am
wondering about is how to deal with them after. I was thinking to put them in
a PlaceMarkContainer which had the same order as
KSystemTimeZones::zones().values() and then use the position of an item to find
the corresponding item in the other set. Then I can get the placemark from the
placemarkcontainer, fiddle with it (change visibility, text, etc), and then
have it update somehow. Is this a bad way? Is there a better way to do this?

Henry