[Marble-devel] Fwd: Re: AW: Run Marble, Run

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Fri Nov 21 13:53:52 CET 2008

Some feedback regarding the MarbleRunners, that we had discussed privately:

Subject: Fwd: Re: AW: [Marble-devel] Run Marble, Run
Date: Friday 21 November 2008
From: Torsten Rahn <rahn at kde.org>
To: Henry de Valence <hdevalence at gmail.com>

Subject: Re: AW: [Marble-devel] Run Marble, Run
Date: Friday 21 November 2008
From: Torsten Rahn <rahn at kde.org>
To: "Mülner, Helmut" <helmut.muelner at joanneum.at>

On Friday 21 November 2008 11:31:47 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > This might be interesting for people on this list --
> > especially if you use the
> > MarbleWidget in your own application:
>
> interesting info about a nice idea!
> To make it even more useful for using MarbleWidget in other
> applications the widget and the runners should be separated,
> i.e. MarbleRunnerManager should not contain an assortment of
> hardcoded runners but a container of MarbleAbstractRunner objects
> (or pointers or smart pointers), and the runners should be added
> in the main program (outside MarbleWidget).

What do you think about making them plugins (that was actually what I had
imagined to be the next step). That would then also allow for an application
that uses "proprietary data" to use a closed source plugin to query the
"closed" database.