[Marble-devel] [patch] adding menu entry for sun shading options

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Sat Feb 16 10:26:23 CET 2008

On Friday 15 February 2008 23:23:26 Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Friday 15 February 2008 01:38:16 Christian Banik wrote:
> One thing, though...  If the clouds are on, it feels a bit odd if the
> clouds suddenly end at the night/day border.  Perhaps something you could
> look into?

Well, I just looked into the issue and it isn't as easy to do as you might
think, Inge. It would require major refactoring of the MergedLayerPainter to
get it right. That's a drawback of the current approach in the code but it's
certainly something I personally will look into for 4.1 (or David who created
this code) but it

- is definetely hard to do right now and requires some hacks if not done
correctly (which means that you'd take the presence of the LMC into account).
- should rather be done once we have finished our work on the LMC.

So if you think you got a solution to this problem I'd like to ask you to
discuss it with me first. And if you think it's too hard then there's no
problem about that because I feel that this problem is indeed a bit hard to
deal with. So in that case you might want to have a look into the
other "Category Easy"  or into one of the "Category Medium" problems. Of
course you are free to look at any stuff and we very much appreciate any
patches that improve Marble. So make sure you take something that you
enjoy ;-)