[Marble-devel] MarbleMap

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Fri Feb 8 02:40:54 CET 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008 18:20:48 Carlos Licea wrote:
> Hi guys,
>     I've just updated marble and i've seen the new created class
> MarbleMap, if i understand it correctly it will be the bridge between
> the map and the model. Actually i was going to suggest something like
> that, for example I think that there should be the projectionMapper
> class instead of marbleModel so we can have, say, a widget painting a
> flat representation and of a model and, say, a Mercator projection in
> other widget, perhaps you can explain me what are your plans.

See marble/docs/paintingmaps.txt to answer part of that question. For the rest
you need to ask Inge.
Please also note the dgml2.txt document and the layermanagement.txt document.

>     In other topic, i tried adding by myself the Mercator projection in
> the GUI so that i could make tests (for some reason setting
> m_viewParams.m_projection = Mercator doesn't do the trick) but i wasn't
> able to find the UI file for the Qt version of marble, I'm assuming that
> MarbleControlBox.ui is the KDE one because i added the option there and
> I hadn't the choice, so tackat would you mind adding it so i can see If
> what I'm doing is right?.

I've added it.

>     Have a good day,
>         Carlos

You, too,

 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz