[Marble-devel] Busy and please give me a quick update

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Wed Sep 19 13:03:36 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 10:57, Andrew Manson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm just checking in with you all to show that i'm not ignoring the
> conversations that are taking place, i just haven't been involved because
> of exams.
>
> With regards to enabling my code, it is all there in the versions that have
> been going out i.e. i don't have any if defs ( apart from the gpsd support
> one ). the only thing that is stoping any user from using the GPS support
> is the inavailability of a gui for it. the Current Location tab can be
> enabled by runing marble with --enableCurrentLocation or if this is wanted
> permanently ( which i doubt ) then we can just remove the code that
> disables it. Also a fortunate thing about this is that i when i was working
> out how to dynamically include the tabs i added methods that can actively
> remove/add all of the available tabs. This could provide useful no? anyway,
> like i said, we can get deeper into this discussion when I'm back.

A very simple way is to remove the command line option, add a checkbox in the
Settings or View menus for the tab, and let it be off by default.  Then the
GPS features are actually discoverable, which they are not now.

I hereby propose this change.

	-Inge

> Bye for now,
> Andrew
>
> On 14/09/2007, Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn at credativ.de> wrote:
> > On Friday 14 September 2007 04:07:53 Inge Wallin wrote:
> > > This is a good idea.  I do think that we should number them like
> >
> > bugzilla,
> >
> > > though, so that we can refer to them in  the TODO file.  We have to
> > > plan which bugs to fix for which release, for instance, and that's a
> > > good way

> > > do it.
> >
> > good.
> >
> > --
> > Torsten Rahn
> >
> > Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192
> >
> > credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
> > Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
> > Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge at lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |