[Marble-devel] Marble header files

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sat Sep 15 19:10:40 CEST 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007 10:22, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> On Thursday 13 September 2007 23:36:44 you wrote:
> > I noticed that marble only installs header files from
> > .../kdeedu/marble/src/lib/*.h and doesn't install any from kml/, gps/ or
> > AbstractLayer/. While AbstractScanlineTextureMapper.h, for example, does
> > seem to require some of these extra header files. Should the other
> > headers in the directories also be installed? are they also part of the
> > public API for marble?

Actually we have not done a proper evaluation of which header files should be
part of the public API yet.  Some classes are exported and some not, though,
so that gives you a hint.  On the other hand, some exported classes use some
of the non-exported, so I suspect that for a proper handling we should split
out some things into private _p.h header files and not install them.

Regarding the uninstalled header files in AbstractLayer etc, if you need them
and they are not installed, it's a bug.  I'll fix that as soon as possible.

> Inge is in charge of this particular issue, so I forwarded your mail to our
> marble-devel mailing list.
>
> > I was trying to produce some Python bindings for marble when I came
> > across this problem.
>
> Python bindings? Sounds good :-)

Sounds good indeed, but wouldn't Kross bindings be even better?  That way we
would have a plethora of languages in one go.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |