[Marble-devel] [Patch] fix marble data dirs on win32

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Sun Nov 4 09:22:12 CET 2007

Torsten Rahn schrieb:
> On Saturday 03 November 2007 17:35:40 you wrote:
>> Torsten Rahn schrieb:
>>> Unfortunately this is not a viable solution as this would change the
>>> libmarble binary to get compiled against KDE.
>>>
>>> Please find a different solution that doesn't require anything in
>>> marble/src/lib to have a KDE dependency (even an #ifdef'd one).
>> You should have told me earlier :)
>>
>> Here a new patch.
>
> That looks good to me :-) If nobody else objects, please apply.
>
> I only now realized that in the CMakeLists.txt file I should also remove the
> #if (QTONLY) clause that distinguishes the linking (because there don't get
> any kde classes used in the library). I'll do that later today.
>
>> I've also removed two QDir::separator() because they're useless as long
>> as you don't want to show them the user (Qt internally only use '/')
>
> Ok, to me it looks cleaner using QDir::seperator() because the reader gets the
> idea that it's not limited to Unix. Therefore I favour the QDir::separator()
> notation.

That's the first you learn when you read the docu:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qdir.html#separator

"You do not need to use this function to build file paths. If you always
use "/", Qt will translate your paths to conform to the underlying
operating system. If you want to display paths to the user using their
operating system's separator use toNativeSeparators()."

:)

Christian